WEEKLY MARKET PULSE
by Chris Sanders, Client Market Advisor
January 19, 2015
Collins Group Realty is pleased to provide you with this week’s addition of Market Pulse; a “brief” report that identifies a few of the local real estate “highlights” from the prior week, in an effort to bring your attention to some of what specifically caught our attention.
- THE LISTING MOMENTUM CONTINUES… Last week was the second week in a row with a high number of new listings reported in local markets, even surpassing the week prior at 129. This activity was rather spread out amongst the different neighborhoods. Interestingly;
- Sea Pines alone introduced 12 new listings last week; 8 homes / 3 villas / 1 lot.
- One of Hilton Head’s relatively new developments, “Carolina Isles” listed 5 “pre-construction” homes last week below $300,000, and two of these listings received an offer during the same week.
- 9 new listings came on the market last week in Sun City.
- Only about 5% of these listings are “REO” (bank owned) properties.
- 94 residential properties were placed under a RATIFIED sales contract last week;
- 55 Off-Island homes (average list price: $266,987)
- 20 Hilton Head Island homes (average list price: $527,410)
- 15 Villas (all but 2 on Hilton Head) at an average list price of $206,113.
- 4 Lots. From a $30,000 Daufuskie Island homesite to a $299,000 lot on Callawassie Island.
- As of today, there are 40 OCEANFRONT homes on the market in our local neighborhoods;
- 9 Sea Pines homes from $2,990,000 to $8,700,000 (AVG LP $4,797,667 / MED LP $4,499,000)
- 15 in Forest Beach from $1,875,000 to $4,295,000 (AVG LP $2,808,600 / MED LP $2,690,000),
- 8 in Palmetto Dunes from $3,495,000 to $5,300,000 (AVG LP $4,372,375 / MED LP $4,222,500)
- 4 in the Folly Field / Bradley Beach / Singleton areas (AVG LP $2,017,500 / MED LP $2,187,500)
- 2 in Port Royal at $2,100,000 and $2,695,000 respectively.
- 2 on Daufuskie Island (Bloody Point) at $1,700,000 and $3,900,000 respectively.
- And on a final note; our Client Care Manager, Anne Wingfield reports that January 2015 continues to be a very busy month on the Collins Group Realty website, with a 24% increase in NEW BUYER PROSPECTS as compared to the first two weeks of 2014!
As always, thank you for choosing Collins Group Realty as your local real estate resource. Our team of professionals is available for you 24/7, and we are always honored and appreciative when we receive your referrals. Please call us anytime we can be of service! 843-341-6300. www.collinsgrouprealty.com
Primary Data source: Hilton Head MLS (DATA IS BELIEVED TO BE ACCURATE BUT IS NOT GUARANTEED)