WEEKLY MARKET PULSE
by Chris Sanders, Client Market Advisor
May 12, 2015
Collins Group Realty is pleased to provide you with this week’s edition of Market Pulse; a quick overview identifying a few of the local real estate “highlights”, in an effort to bring your attention to some of what specifically caught our attention last week.
- HOTSHEET SUMMARY FROM THE PRIOR WEEK:
- Listing Inventory: 139 listings added to our local markets during the past week.
- Ratified Contracts: 125 residential properties went pending or contingent.
- Closed Sales: 46 closed sales reported.
- Last week turned into a HOT week in many of the villa markets, and buyers were pulling the trigger!
- 34 villas pended last week, the most pending sales reported in a single week during the 2015 calendar year.
- Forest Beach was the neighborhood that led this surge with 8 pending sales reported.
- A little hard to believe, but last week’s closed sale at 16 Cedar Waxwing Road at $3,500,000 (listed by Collins Group Realty) was only the second closed sale reported in the MLS over $3MM since the beginning of the year. Hopefully this closed sale helps stimulate some other multi-million dollar activity in the coming months… we will keep you posted!
- Wexford had 3 listings move to pending status last week, and there are now 6 homes under contract in that particular market. Hopefully this activity continues and helps to further offset the oversupply of Wexford inventory.
- Hilton Head Plantation once again caught our attention with 12 homes and 1 home site going under contract last week. This particular community is indeed one of the most consistent and healthiest real estate markets on the island!
- Off the island, Hampton Hall reported in with 4 pending home sales, from a new home that took a month to sell to a re-sale home that attracted a buyer after 2 years on the market. Hampton Hall continues to illustrate the signs of a balanced market.
As always, thank you for choosing Collins Group Realty as your local real estate resource. Our team of professionals is available for you 24/7, and we are always honored and appreciative when we receive your referrals. Please call us anytime we can be of service or research a specific property or area just for YOU!
Primary Data source: Hilton Head MLS (DATA IS BELIEVED TO BE ACCURATE BUT IS NOT GUARANTEED)