WEEKLY MARKET PULSE
by Chris Sanders, Client Market Advisor
May 19, 2015
Collins Group Realty is pleased to provide you with this week’s edition of Market Pulse; a quick overview identifying a few of the local real estate “highlights”, in an effort to bring your attention to some of what specifically caught our attention last week.
- HOTSHEET SUMMARY FROM THE PRIOR WEEK:
- LISTINGS: 146 listings were added to our local markets last week.
- CONTRACTS: 111 residential properties moved to pending or contingent status.
- SALES: 69 closed sales were reported last week.
- SEA PINES had quite the active week…
- 7 listings CLOSED, 14 more went under contract, and just 13 properties were added to this particular market during the course of the week.
- It was especially exciting to see the oceanfront activity / momentum continue. In particular, 18 Cedar Wax Wing moved to contingent status right on the heels of the $3,500,000 closed sale a few days earlier at 16 Cedar Wax Wing.
- 3 Villas in Harbour Town pended last week (Ketch Court / Twin Oaks / Heritage Villas).
- We are pleased to report that (once again), many of the recently added Bluffton area listings were absorbed in LESS than a few weeks; including, but not limited to:
- 7 Cinnamon Fern (Fernlakes) went under contract in 4 days.
- 6 Fourth Ave (Bluffton Park) took just ONE week to attract a buyer.
- 7 Sandy Hill Lane (Oldfield) moved to “contingent status” after 7 days on the market.
- 232 Hitching Post Crescent (The Farm) pended in only 12 days.
- 4 Sun City listings pended last week in under 14 days on the market.
- 26 Running Oak (Southern Oaks) pended after just 3 days…at FULL LIST PRICE!
- On Hilton Head Island, Indigo Run is on track for a SOLID year. Two listings pended last week…and neither one took longer than 2 weeks to sell! There are now 16 homes under contract in Indigo Run, and 50 home sales have now been recorded in Indigo Run during the past year!
- And finally…5 Villas in Palmetto Dunes went under contract last week! That alone is strong, but we must highlight a Queens Grant Villa that pended in just 3 days, at full asking price and “sight-unseen.” Kudos to the professional HDR photography by Collins Group Realty that brought that particular listing to life!
As always, thank you for choosing Collins Group Realty as your local real estate resource. Our team of professionals is available for you 24/7, and we are always honored and appreciative when we receive your referrals. Please call us anytime we can be of service or research a specific property or area just for YOU!
Primary Data source: Hilton Head MLS (DATA IS BELIEVED TO BE ACCURATE BUT IS NOT GUARANTEED)