The Town of Hilton Head Island and Beaufort County have set forth a single-use plastic bag ordinance which goes into effect November 1, 2018.
The ordinance restricts the use of single-use plastic bags given out by retailers. Businesses affected by the new ordinance include grocery stores, hardware stores, department stores, gift shops, convenience markets, farmers markets, and other like retailers.
- Dry cleaning bags
- Produce, meat and bakery bags from grocers
- Newspaper and door-hanger bags
- pet waste, yard waste, and garbage bags
- Bulk food storage bags
- Plastic wraps used on flowers, potted items, etc to control dampness
- Bags made of recyclable plastic, with a minimum thickness of 2.25 mils
Additionally, bags brought by a customer into the store for use to carry away goods are NOT banned
You can follow our blog…there’s something new every Friday. Just click on the RSS feed button below to subscribe. We post an entertaining assortment of tips, helpful information and announcements from our Group, written by various authors within our team. We hope you enjoy! Thank you for your continued loyalty and entrusting us with your important real estate transition!