After two years of construction, the newly expanded Island Recreation Center is set to open its doors on January 7, 2019, unveiling the Carmines Recreation Building.
The Town of Hilton Head provided $13.2 million for the renovation and expansion of the rec center while Hilton Head People for Parks raised $1.2 million dollars to up fit the buildings. As a result of the $14 million project, many improvements have been made to both the indoor and outdoor facilities located at 20 Wilborn Road, a few of which include:
- New adult gymnasium and updated existing gymnasium
- Cardio and cable strength equipment
- Running/walking track
- New group fitness room for classes
- Resurfaced pickleball courts
- Tennis court lights
- Expanded parking lot
- Improved indoor/outdoor pool area
Don’t delay trying out the newly improved facility – Area residents and visitors will have free access to the track, gym, fitness equipment, as well as studio fitness classes until January 14th.
Memberships to the recreation center officially begin on January 15th and may be purchased on the following monthly or annual basis:
- Fitness equipment membership: $25/month
- Pool membership: $25/month
- Fitness equipment & pool membership: $40/month
- All-access membership (includes group fitness classes & pool/fitness equipment use):
- Standard year-long fitness membership: $250 (only $160, if purchased before January 14th)
According to Recreation Director Bob Rozek, upgrades to the Hilton Head Island facility will continue in 2019, with plans for a new playground already in place.
You can follow our blog…there’s something new every Friday. Just click on the RSS feed button below to subscribe. We post an entertaining assortment of tips, helpful information and announcements from our Group, written by various authors within our team. We hope you enjoy! Thank you for your continued loyalty and entrusting us with your important real estate transition!