Inside this Issue…
- What’s Happening in the Housing Market?
- Expert Insights for Today’s Homebuyer
- 3 Trends That Are Good News for Homebuyers
- Top Reasons To Own Your Home
- The Non-Financial Benefits of Homeownership
- Why Buying a Home May Make More Sense Than Renting
- The Long-Term Benefit of Homeownership
- Tips for Buyers in Today’s Housing Market
- A Crucial First Step: Mortgage Pre-Approval
- Things To Avoid After Applying for a Mortgage
- A Trusted Real Estate Advisor Provides Expert Advise
Start Viewing the Winter 2023 Buyers Guide HERE!
Here’s a sneak peek…
The Long-Term Benefit of Homeownership
Consider this: if you know people who bought a home 5, 10, or even 30 years ago, you’re probably going to have a hard time finding someone who regrets their decision. Why is that? The reason is tied to how you gain equity and wealth as home values grow with time.
Home Price Growth over Time
Even though home price appreciation has moderated in 2022, home values have still increased significantly in recent years. The map below uses data from the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) to show just how noteworthy those gains have been over the last five years:
If you look at the percent change in home prices, you can see prices grew on average by around 60% nationwide over the last five years. That means a home’s value can increase substantially, even in a short period of time.