Long Cove Real Estate
Life in Long Cove Club
Long Cove can be best described as a premier island community that is as casually elegant in a private residential club setting filled with spectacular homes and warm and friendly people. Neighbors who, like you, have fallen in love with the breathtaking beauty of Hilton Head Island and a deeper desire for community. Natural beauty abounds throughout Long Cove Club with nearly eighty percent of the properties in this outstanding community featuring either a golf or lagoon view.
Long Cove Club is nestled between Wexford Plantation and Shelter Cove along the banks of the Broad Creek. One of three gated plantations on Hilton Head created solely for the enjoyment of permanent year-round residents and second homeowners. Long Cove Club offers Lowcountry living at its finest.
Schools Children living in the community attend Hilton Head public or private schools for preschool thru high school education. Visit the Beaufort County School District website to learn more, see attendance zones and get information about “school choice.”
- Pete Dye Golf Course – A rare test of sport and spirit, this championship course takes you on an eighteen-hole adventure set within a picturesque Lowcountry backdrop featuring century-old live Oak trees dripping with Spanish moss, stately Carolina pines, and stunning saltwater marshes. Click here to see a flyover video of the course.
- Deep Water Marina – Open to all Long Cove Club members at no additional service charge, this beautiful private water amenity located deep in the heart of Long Cove Club features private craft slips, club kayaks for members and their guests, and private kayak storage.
- Tennis and Pickleball Center – The club features 8 immaculately tended Har-Tru courts, 4 of which are lighted for evening play; a lovely match-viewing and post-match refreshment terrace, and a beautifully decorated, and well-stocked, pro shop. Long Cove also offers team tennis, and regularly scheduled, well-organized competitions to accommodate singles, doubles, and mixed casual play and competition format.
- Clubhouse – The clubhouse is home to a formal dining room and casual grill, bar and a lounge, and a chef-manned snack bar for grabbing a quick and tasty bite before or after your round. The award-winning renovation of the clubhouse also features beautifully appointed men’s and lady’s locker rooms, a full-service golf pro shop, and member cart and bag storage. Finally – and most importantly – a courteous, knowledgeable and attentive clubhouse staff is always on hand to for members and their guests.
- Pool – The heated, saline, Junior Olympic-sized heated swimming pool is one of the loveliest on the Island. A lovely and lively summer hot spot, pool activities include water aerobics, family cook-outs, and special club and summer holiday events.
- Book Exchange – Quaint, cute, and really quite practical, the Long Cove Book Exchange offers more than 2000 titles for checkout and poolside reading.
- Community Garden -“The Farm” –Long Cove Club offers complimentary member garden plots on an acre of land. Featuring irrigation, raised bed plots, an orchard – and an active and lively garden club!
- Dog Park – Long Cove Club is the only private golf community on Hilton Head Island with its very own Dog Park. The one-acre fenced park features continuous fill water bowls, benches, and size-designed play areas for both your small and large furry friends.
- Playground – Long Cove Club Playground is located adjacent to The Farm and features more than two acres fun in the Lowcountry sun, including, a jungle gym, a family picnic area with a ceiling fan, a butterfly garden, a basketball court and a large green space perfect for throwing the football, kicking a soccer ball, jumping rope, or just jumping for pure joy.
Click here to take a look at the Long Cove Club brochure
Secure and Safe The property is a gated community with 24-hour security and governed by a Property Owners Association. Guest passes are available for visitors and residents receive automobile decals.
Accolades and Awards
- Winner Bronze Award Clubhouse Renovation of the Year – Golf Magazine (2014)
- Golfweek – #19 Top 100 Residential Golf Courses in the U.S. (2018)
- Golf Digest – #148 “The Second 100 Greatest” Top 100 Greatest Golf Courses in the U.S. (2017 – 2018)
- Golfweek – #79 America’s Top 100 Modern Golf Courses (2018)
- Golf Digest – #6 Best Golf Courses in South Carolina (2017-2018)
- Island Packet “The Best 18 Golf Holes on Hilton Head Island.” – #3, 12, 14, & 17 (2016)
- Island Packet Readers’ Choice: Best Golf Course (2016)
- Island Packet Readers’ Choice: Best Golf Professional, Ben Blalock (2016)
- Hilton Head Monthly Readers’ Choice: Best Private Golf Club (2015, 2016)
- Golf Magazine – # 94 Top 100 Golf Courses in the U.S. (2011)
- Golf Magazine – #46 Top 50 Courses in the World Built in the Last 50 Years (2009)
- Travel & Leisure Golf – America’s Top 100 Golf Communities (2007)
- Golf & Travel – #2 Top 40 Real Estate Golf Courses
- Golf Magazine Living – #6 Top 25 Best Courses You Can Live On (2007)