Palmetto Bluff Real Estate
Living in Palmetto Bluff
A truly unique community, Palmetto Bluff is Bluffton’s most luxurious new community and is situated on the banks of the May River. The community stretches over twenty thousand acres in size and is split into two different lifestyles. For those who crave quiet land with live oaks scattered all around, there is the choice of the “country” neighborhoods, which give residents a bit more privacy with some estates measuring nearly thirty acres. Residents looking for a vibrant lifestyle that revolves around a tight knit community can find their perfect place in the “town” neighborhoods, which will provide a fun and exciting atmosphere while still giving a sense of getaway.
A favorite destination for local residents and national celebrities alike, The Village at Palmetto Bluff boasts a boatyard, pool and fitness center, canoe and kayak club, golf club, sports campus including lawn games and tennis facility, quaint and charming shops, gourmet restaurants, historic ruins, the lavish Inn at Palmetto Bluff, a full service spa, and the stunning Waterside Chapel with breathtaking views of the May River.
Schools Children living in the community attend Hilton Head/Bluffton public or private schools for preschool thru high school education. Visit the Beaufort County School District website to learn more, see attendance zones and get information about “school choice.”
Palmetto Bluff always has fun and exciting community events taking place year round! Their most enjoyed event is the Summer Concert Series taking place throughout the summer and features multiple famous artists and bands performing a live concert for members at the Crossroads in Moreland Village. You can also find fun things to partake in such as the Buffalo Run, Music To Your Mouth, Meet the Marsh Tacky and so much more! Click here to explore all community events offered.
- Golf – Along the bank of the May River, lies the May River Golf Course. Weaving almost 7,200 yards, this incredible Jack Nicklaus, par-72 course provides golfers with place to enjoy the game and the beauty that the Lowcountry has to offer. Click here to see a course map.
- Hiking & Biking – Palmetto Bluff is home to an expansive trail system that gives residents the opportunity to explore and discover the 20,000+ acres of land the community stretches across. Enjoy the scenery on foot, on a bike, or even from a horse!
- Palmetto Bluff Shooting Club – For many years, shooting and hunting have been traditions that Palmetto Bluff has carried on through their shooting club. The club features 13 sporting clay stations located on an expansive 40 acre hardwood bottom. Elevated and covered 5-stand stations, plus a wobbles deck field make up a total of 14 shooting sites to choose from.
- Fishing – Centuries ago, Native Americans inhabited this community and began to fish and since then, the fishing has never stopped. At Palmetto bluff, you can find a fascinating diversity of sea life. Explore the inland water trail system, hug the coast for an unforgettable inshore experience, or even head out to way deeper waters offshore and come home with a fresh catch for dinner!
- Racquet Sports – The immaculately kept lawns at Palmetto Bluff are used for more than just a stroll, but are also the place to find racquet sports of all kinds. Residents may enjoy two croquet lawns, eight Har-Tru tennis courts, two bocce courts, four courtside shelters, and a stocked pro shop and pavilion.
- Longfield Stables – A 173-acre farm is home to Palmetto Bluff’s exception equestrian center. The stables include a covered arena, an FEI-regulation outdoor dressage area, and a five-acre turf event field as well as a main barn and receiving barn, both of which feature oversized stalls. Not only is Palmetto Bluff the perfect home to residents, but also to the beautiful horses that share the land with them.
- Historic Yacht – Gather up your family and friends and enjoy an unforgettable time as you cruise through the May River, aboard the restored 1913 60-foot antique motor yacht, Grace. Grace is one of the last remaining pre-World War I gas powered yachts and continues to look stellar after a century.
- Kayaking, Boating & Paddleboarding – At Palmetto Bluff, residents and guests get to explore the maze of waterways through numerous different ways. Bring your own water gear or rent from Palmetto Bluff and enjoy your time exploring the Lowcountry the way it was meant to be seen.
- Dining – Palmetto Bluff offers endless dining options for all residents and guests. Start your morning off with some griddle-cooked favorites, then enjoy some lunch and dinner with many choices of simple but spectacular entrees. Complete your South Carolina epicurean experience with a variety of fine wines, refreshing craft beers, and classic and creative cocktails! Enjoy unforgettable dining with over nine restaurants located just within the community, as well as plenty more nearby!
- Click on the restaurants below to explore their menus:
- Spa Montage – The spa at Palmetto Bluff offers a sanctuary of relaxation, where southern hospitality and natural elements draw you into peace of mind, body, and heart.
- River House – The River House features many amenities for residents to experience. Enjoy a workout in the 24 hour fitness center while looking out among the May River and the surrounding Lowcountry wilderness. The fitness center includes treadmills, bicycles, elliptical machines, and strength-training equipment. The River House pool, located adjacent to the fitness center, is a 100-foot, three lap lane horizon pool that is heated to 78 degrees and has a saltwater solution. The pool area is also home to a Jacuzzi that is heated to 102 degrees and also features stunning views of the May River. This facility is only open to adults.
- Canoe Club – Located within the Canoe Club complex, is another fitness center with even more spectacular views of the May River, exercise equipment, and personal trainers. An expansive salt water swimming pool and bubbling Jacuzzi can also be found here. This facility is open to all Palmetto Bluff members from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.
- The Lodge – The Lodge features another swimming pool and fitness center. This fitness center offers a variety of cardiovascular and strength training equipment, as well as free weights in a private setting. Here, you can also find luxurious locker rooms with shower facilities. The Lodge is open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. each day to all Palmetto Bluff members.
- The Boundary – Featuring a dedicated strength training room as well as a cardio room with Techno Gym equipment, residents can choose from a range of exercise opportunities, and the cardio room provides a permanent space for spin bikes and indoor cycling classes. The cardio room also features a state-of-the-art fitness on-demand system that offers a multitude of private exercise classes right at your fingertips. The Boundary fitness and pool facility hours of operation are from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. each day to Palmetto Bluff members, families and guests.
- Artist in Residence – The Artist in Residence program is a collaboration between Garden & Gun Magazine and Palmetto Bluff that celebrates the arts, fosters creativity, and offers a hands-on education. The program invites notable artists, including winners of G&G’s Made in the South Awards, to stay in the Artist Cottage in Palmetto Bluff’s newly constructed Moreland Village.
- Conservancy – The Conservancy at Palmetto Bluff was founded in 2003 with a mission of protecting the abundant maritime forests and winding tidal creeks that defined the eye-catching geography of the land that is home to Palmetto Bluff. By maintaining the ecological and environmental integrity of the land, the community is able to ensure that the ancient Maritime Forest or Live Oak and Palmetto are almost exactly as William Hilton saw them 400 years ago! Click here to watch a video of Palmetto Bluff Conservancy Director, Jay Walea talk about what the land means to him.
- Click here to watch a video that gives a glimpse of what life in Palmetto Bluff is like.
The Bluff Magazine The Bluff Magazine gives residents and guests a taste of life in Palmetto Bluff with idea homes and new property profiles, as well as coverage of events, foods, and Lowcountry lifestyle that lies within the gates for all to enjoy. Click here to see all of the previous issues.
Awards and Accolades
Palmetto Bluff has received many awards over time and continues to grab the attention of national publications. Although it is recognized for its beauty by many, it is still known to the locals as one of the best-kept secrets around.
Click here to see all awards and news mentions that the community has received.
Secure and Safe This is a gated community with 24-hour security and governed by a Property Owners Association. Guest passes are available for visitors and residents receive automobile decals.