Palmetto Dunes Real Estate
Life in Palmetto Dunes
Recognized by many as one of the best resorts on the island, Palmetto Dunes is an enjoyable place for everyone. This family friendly community spans three miles of sun-kissed Atlantic Ocean beachfront, making it the perfect primary residential community and vacation destination with world-class amenities.
Conveniently located across from Shelter Cove Harbour and Marina, a center filled with charter boating and water activities, mouth-watering restaurants, quaint shops, and a large community park serving as a venue for many Island events.
Within the gates of this prestigious community, there are nearly 2,500 single family homes and villas all of which are located on the “arch” of Hilton Head, or mid-Island, making it the perfect central location to experience all that the Island has to offer.
Palmetto Dunes enjoys a well-earned reputation for creating an unforgettable experience for the entire family!
Special Events Click here to see a list of all the exciting and fun activities and events that Palmetto Dunes has planned!
Schools Children living in the community attend Hilton Head public or private schools for preschool thru high school education. Visit the Beaufort County School District website to learn more, see attendance zones and get information about “school choice.”
Palmetto Dunes has received many accolades over the years and is consistently acknowledged as one of America’s premier resorts. There most recognized awards are listed below however, you can see a list of all of their recent mentions in the news here.
- Named to the Top of Travel + Leisure Magazine’s list of the “World’s Best Family Resorts”
- 1 Tennis Resort in the Carolinas by Tennis Magazine
- “Best Buddy Trip Destination” by Golf Digest
- Beaches/Beach Access – Residents and guests have access to three miles of pristine beachfront along the Atlantic Ocean. These wide, sandy beaches provide a perfect place to sunbathe, ride bikes, take a stroll, surf, swim, boogie board, search for shells or to just relax.
- Biking – Palmetto Dunes and the surrounding area of Hilton Head offer over 25 miles of beautiful, scenic bike paved bike paths so that the exploring never ends!
- Dolphin Tours/Fishing Charters/Nature Cruises – One of the most known ways to see and experience Hilton Head Island is by boat. At Shelter Cove Harbor, located right across from Palmetto Dunes, you can find multiple dolphin tours, nature cruises, fishing charters, crabbing expeditions and more.
- Golf – Palmetto Dunes features three superb golf courses, all of which are rated four stars or high by Fodor’s Golf Digest Places to Play. There is also a golf academy offered that provide a variety of programs to help you improve your game.
The courses include:
- Robert Trent Jones Oceanfront Course was named the “South Carolina Course of the Year” in 2003
- Arthur Hills Course at Palmetto Dunes, was honored as the South Carolina Course of the Year for 2009
- George Fazio Course presents a challenge to any accomplished golfer — many veteran golfers regard the Fazio course as Hilton Head Island’s true championship course
- Kayaking – In the gates of Palmetto Dunes, you can find a unique 11-mile saltwater lagoon system, offering a leisurely path for kayakers of all skill levels to experience. Enjoy the natural environment that Palmetto Dunes offers and share the lagoon system with over 40 species of birds and fish. Along the marshes of Shelter Cove Harbour and Broad Creek, kayak-led nature tours, paddle boarding, and other boating activities can be found.
- Kid’s Activities – You can find a wide array of activities for children including biking, fishing, canoeing and kayaking. There are planned instructional activities centered on golf, tennis, boating, sport crabbing, nature, and water skiing.
- Tennis & Pickleball – The internationally-acclaimed Palmetto Dunes Tennis & pickleball Center features 23 clay tennis courts, 6 of which are lighted for night time play, and 8 pickleball courts.
- Shops – There are numerous shops that can be found within the community as long as right across, located in Shelter Cove Harbourside Center.
- Dining – Palmetto Dunes features a multitude of restaurants, including their most popular oceanfront dining found at Dunes House.
- Free Resort Transportation – The Dunes Buggy provides free transportation within Palmetto Dunes and Shelter Cove Harbour.
Palmetto Dunes Real Estate
Secure and Safe The property is a gated community with 24-hour security and governed by a Property Owners Association. Guest passes are available for visitors and residents receive automobile decals.