Port Royal Plantation Real Estate
Life in Port Royal
Port Royal Plantation is the only completely private oceanfront residential community located on Hilton Head Island with single family homes and home sites. It lies at the “heel” of the Island, making it the perfect location for access to both the north and south ends of the island. Port Royal is built along the breath taking beaches reaching the point where the Atlantic Ocean is joined with the Port Royal Sound. In Port Royal Plantation, you will find beautiful oceanfront properties as well as homes that overlook the pristine golf courses, lagoons, marshes, and wildlife that the sound has to offer.
Port Royal offers residents a peaceful preserved natural environment to enjoy. Residents have access to the arboretum, the newly built Beach House, pools, fishing, a farm, miles of leisure paths, and tennis and pickleball.
Historical Sites Port Royal is home to the historical Fort Walker and Fort Sherman, both of which were involved in the Civil War. These forts were used as a place for the Confederate soldiers to gather during the war. The Union troops eventually invaded in 1861, but the fort still lives on and many enjoy visiting a beautiful and historic site such as this one.
Clubs and Organizations Port Royal Plantation offers residents with the opportunity to join many of their community clubs and organizations. Choose from afternoon bridge, art group, casual Wednesday get together, coffee ladies, evening bridge, exercise groups, the gun club, lifelong learning to hear poetry, tennis club, pickleball club, whippersnapper club, and wine and dine club. With all the social events the community has to offer, you are sure to feel right at home. Click here to view more information on each individual club.
Schools Children living in the community attend Hilton Head public or private schools for preschool thru high school education. Visit the Beaufort County School District website to learn more, see attendance zones and get information about “school choice.”
- Beach – Take a relaxing walk on the beach from almost anywhere in the plantation. With 21 different beach access paths, you’re sure to find one that leads you to your perfect beach! Enjoy walking, running, fishing, laying in the sun, playing in the sand, and so much more.
- Beach House – The beach house is used by many residents for private events. It includes a kitchen with catering offered, as well as a sound system. Located right on the beach, it is the perfect venue for all of your gatherings and parties!
- Pool – Located right on the beach and conveniently next to the beach house, the Olympic size swimming pool is a definite spot for ultimate relaxation. It also includes a fenced in baby pool, with a maximum depth of 1 ½ feet. There is an attendant on duty that will check your valid amenity card to ensure that the pool remains private for residents only.
- Playground – Located right next to the pool and beach house, is a fun and exciting playground for those children who would rather swing than swim!
- Fresh and Salt Water Fishing – Port Royal includes both fresh and salt water fishing. Enjoy a large array of fish to catch such as largemouth bass, crappie, spot tail bass (red fish), flounder, trout, croakers, and even crabs!
- Arboretum – Experience all the natural plant and bird life the Lowcountry has to offer by visiting the quaint and wonderful arboretum!
- Fish Haul Farm – While living in such a beautifully kept natural plantation, why not grow your own food too? Enjoy the 6 x 12 x 1 high beds the farm has to offer. They are small enough to easily manage, but large enough for the usual tomato, radish, cucumber, pepper, bean and herb plants. There are 43 raised garden plots in the farm, so the opportunities are endless!
- Leisure Paths – Ride or walk along many miles of serene and adventurous leisure paths.
- Tennis & Pickleball – Port Royal offers four Deco Turf II tennis courts, two of which are lighted for night play. There is also one pickleball court, perfect for those who enjoy playing one of the most popular and fastest growing sports among the Lowcountry.
Secure and Safe The property is a gated community with 24-hour security and governed by a Property Owners Association. Guest passes are available for visitors and residents receive automobile decals.