Rose Hill Plantation Real Estate
– BLUFFTON –
Approximately ten miles west of Hilton Head Island on the mainland in Bluffton Township, Rose Hill Plantation comprises 1,700 well-preserved and manicured acres. This peaceful and convenient neighborhood enjoys views of the Colleton River and the natural beauty of South Carolina. Rose Hill is well known throughout the Lowcountry for its equestrian center consisting of stables, paddocks and polo field, and also offers secluded riding trails for horse enthusiasts.
The community also features a newly refurbished 18-hole golf course, three swimming pools, four tennis courts, a boat ramp, dock, meeting center and Italian-style restaurant. Convenient to many places such as grocery stores, the Tanger Outlets, big brand name stores, Hilton Head Island, Savannah, Beaufort, I-95 and the Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport, Rose Hill residents enjoy the easily accessed towns around them.
Schools Children living in the community attend Bluffton / Beaufort County School District public schools or a private school for preschool thru high school education. Visit our Lowcountry Insiders Guide for more information on school options in the area, including private schools and the Beaufort County School District.
- Rose Hill Golf Club – Built in 1982 and designed by legendary Carolina architect Gene Hamm, the 18-hole championship course meanders through Rose Hill Plantation, set among live oaks draped in Spanish moss, pine trees, dwarf Bermuda grasses and sleepy lagoons. Enjoy all the Lowcountry has to offer from the impeccable, winding course at Rose Hill.
- Tennis – Residents have access to two clay courts, one hard court, two pickleball courts, two bocce courts, as well as men’s and women’s social tennis clubs. Members may also receive discounts when joining the nearby, privately owned tennis facility, Tennis Club of the Lowcountry.
- Rose Hill Equestrian Center – Located on a 50-acre fenced in area, lies the Rose Hill Equestrian Center. All breeds of horses are welcome with boarding services also offered to the public. Take a ride on greenbelt trails that wind throughout the plantation and absorb all the beauty the plantation has to offer! Each fall, the Equestrian Center hosts the annual Okatie Rotary Polo Event.
- Parks – Rose Hill features two parks within its gates. The Bill Baker Park offers residents 50 scenic acres of green space, wildlife such as birds, alligators, and turtles, paved walking and biking trails, exercise equipment circuit, restrooms, park benches, and pet waste disposal stations. Located on the south side of the community is the playground featuring swings and slides, climbing equipment, picnic area, and restrooms. With all the nature Rose Hill offers along with their amenities, everyone in the family is sure to be entertained!
- Pools – Inside Rose Hill, you can find three pools to pick from. There is the Wood Eden pool, located right next to the playground, the Willow Lake pool, and the Colleton Point pool. All of them are temperature regulated to ensure the most comfortable swim for all residents and there is no guest fee requirement so feel free to bring friends and family along!
- Colleton Point Landing – Colleton Point Landing is a meeting and event facility that is open for all members to use. It features an enormous wrap around deck, full service kitchen and restrooms, a gazebo with scenic tidal marsh viewing, and oyster and picnic tables.
- Deep Water Dock – Rose Hill offers residents the opportunity to utilize their deep water dock. It features a small craft boat launch to Colleton River, kayak racks, or use it as a place for fishing or crabbing!
- Rose Hill Clubhouse – Rose Hill recently renovated their luxurious clubhouse. It serves as a gathering space for all Rose Hill members, will host large events, provides a lounge/bar area with happy hour and live music, a large covered deck and porch, and a pro shop. The club is also be available for public use as membership is not required.
Secure and Safe This is a gated community with 24-hour security and governed by a Property Owners Association. Guest passes are available for visitors and residents receive automobile decals.
The Rose Hill neighborhood in Bluffton, SC is home to beautiful sprawling houses on large lots. This peaceful and convenient neighborhood enjoys views of the Colleton River and the natural beauty of South Carolina.
Homes in Rose Hill range from around $200,000 to $1,400,000 in price. Some of the higher end homes include their own stables and docks. Lot size tends to range from one to three acres in size. Architecture styles vary. Most of the homes in Rose Hill were built in the 1980’s, 1990’s and 2000’s. Some have also recently been remodeled. Homes here tend to be spacious. Rose Hill also includes great amenities, such as a community pool, entrance gate, clubhouse, tennis courts, and hiking trails.