Sea Pines Plantation Real Estate
Life in Sea Pines
Founded in 1956 by visionary Charles Fraser, Sea Pines has evolved into a trendy, environmentally-friendly development over the years. Spanning over five thousand oceanfront acres, Sea Pines occupies the southern third of Hilton Head Island and is known to many as the heart of the island. It has been a quiet retreat for over fifty years, and is home to many unique waterfront properties, villas, and home sites on Calibogue Sound and the Atlantic Ocean, as well as golf and nature oriented properties.
Sea Pines offers an array of family and individual activities including natural beaches, four championship golf courses including a private country club, one of the nation’s premier tennis facilities, fifteen miles of scenic bike paths, two marinas, an upscale beach club, and numerous shops and restaurants. Sea Pines is also home to the RBC Heritage Golf Tournament, which has become a favorite stop on the PGA Tour. Harbour Town Yacht Basin, home to the popular Harbour Town Lighthouse and the luxurious Inn at Harbour Town, and South Beach Marina offer some of the finest shopping, dining and entertainment available on Hilton Head Island. Sea Pines delivers an outstanding combination of residential and seaside resort living, while preserving the breath-taking ecosystem that lies within its gates.
Special Events In April, Sea Pines hosts the PGA Tour Heritage Golf Tournament at the prestigious Harbour Town Golf Links course. The community hosts several more special events that occur throughout the year including summer concerts, fireworks, Jazz by the Sea, Harbor Town Fall Fest, and so much more. View a full list of frequent events here.
Schools Children living in the community attend Hilton Head public or private schools for preschool thru high school education. Visit the Beaufort County School District website to learn more, see attendance zones and get information about “school choice.”
Sea Pines offers numerous resort-style amenities to those who own property/members, their family, and for guests who are staying in the gated community.
- Harbour Town which includes a Marina, Yacht Basin, Lighthouse (available for tour), Community Pool and Harbour Town Golf Links
- Heron Point Golf Course by Pete Dye
- Atlantic Dunes Golf Course by Davis Love III
- Greg Russell Playground
- South Beach Marina
- South Beach Pool
- Trolley Rides
- The Sea Pines Beach Club
- Tower Beach Pavilion Rentals
- Dining & Entertainment
- Private Fishing Charters
- Watersports including Cruises and Boat Tours
- Bicycle Shops
- Tennis Courts
- Fitness Center
- Forest Preserves and Eco Adventures
- Lawton Stables
- Honored in the Carolinas section of the 2017 Golf Digest Editors’ Choice Awards – Best Resorts in the Americas
- Received Platinum status in GOLF Magazine’s biennial Premier Resorts list for 2016-2017
- Ranked No. 6 in the Continental U.S. in Travel & Leisure 2015 World’s Best Awards list of “World’s Best Family Travel”
- Voted 2nd Best Small Marina in Marinalife’s 2016 Best Marina Contest
- AAA Four Diamond Award designation (seven years running)
- Four Star Award designation from Forbes Travel Guide (formerly Mobil Travel Guide); only Hilton Head Island hotel to earn this award
- Named “Hotel of the Day” by Forbes Travel Guide (on Forbes.com)
- Selected to join Condé Nast Johansens Luxury Hotel Collection
- Winner of a 2018 Condé Nast Johansens Award for Excellence for “Best Service”
- Ranked no. 2 among Golfweek’s Best Courses You Can Play, 2018: South Carolina
Secure and Safe The property is a gated community with 24-hour security and governed by a Property Owners Association. Guest passes are available for visitors and residents receive automobile decals.
As the largest plantation on the island, Sea Pines occupies a large portion of the rental market with properties available for rental year round. It also is home to many permanent residents who live here full-time.