Shipyard Plantation Real Estate
Life in Shipyard
Located on the southern end of Hilton Head Island, Shipyard Plantation offers eight hundred peaceful acres for the ultimate enjoyment of residents and visitors alike. Shipyard was designed to enhance the natural landscape and it does not go unrecognized. Dual access to Shipyard Plantation on Highway #278 and Pope Avenue makes Shipyard one of the most convenient locations on the island with Coligny Plaza less than one mile away. There is also easy access to endless restaurants, shops, banks, movie theaters, local spots, and the post office. Shipyard residents love their convenient location on the island and the simplicity that the plantation has to offer. The beautiful community, although one of the smallest, keeps residents entertained with numerous amenities and breath-taking sceneries such as fresh-water lagoon systems, luxury homes, sporting facilities, and a top-notch golf course.
Schools Children living in the community attend Hilton Head public or private schools for preschool thru high school education. Visit the Beaufort County School District website to learn more, see attendance zones and get information about “school choice.”
Although Shipyard is one of the Island’s smallest, it is not short on world-class amenities.
- The Shipyard Golf Club – The golf club features three nine-hole golf courses, Brigantine, Clipper, and Galleon. They offer four tee positions to accommodate all levels of skill, and there are ample risk and reward situations to allow optimal scoring opportunities. They all have new Diamond Zoysia greens which are large and well bunkered, making these courses some of the Island’s favorites. The beautiful clubhouse includes a covered patio for dining outside as well as inside. The club also features a full service practice facility including a driving range, practice green and practice bunker, all of which are available to fine tune your game any time you’d like.
- Beach Club – Enjoy a visit to the beach with Shipyard’s beachfront properties located right on the incredibly peaceful and relaxing Atlantic Ocean.
- Vander Meer Tennis Center – The tennis center features twenty courts and consistently is ranked among the top 25 tennis facilities in the country.
- Biking – Residents and visitors can enjoy easy access to 278 and Coligny beach area, as well as twelve miles of bike paths, nature paths, and numerous lagoons.
- Hilton Head Health – A center for guests and residents to exercise and enjoy individualized experiences in the areas of fitness, nutrition, stress management, empowerment, longevity, dining, cooking classes, and fulfillment.
- Sonesta Resort – Set on eleven acres of beautifully landscaped beachfront property, the AAA approved Four Diamond family friendly hotel features spectacular swimming pools, on-site bicycle rentals and is convenient to world-class golf and tennis.
Shipyard Real Estate
Nestled between Forest Beach and Palmetto Dunes Plantation, Shipyard Plantation offers an outstanding mix of single family homes and estates, townhomes and resort-style villas.
With single-family homes that start at around $250,000, Shipyard Plantation is a perfect location for a first home, and offers beauty and luxury that will occupy residents well into retirement. The lots located within the neighborhood are large in comparison to similar communities in the area. Homes in Shipyard are the product of strategic planning based on the original vision of the developers, who intended to turn this “Plantation” into the most sought after tennis resort in the nation. Because this community was founded on such a vision, many of the homes have a tennis-court view, while only a few, select homes, have access to the shore line. It is also important to mention that Shipyard Plantation is has frequently been on the Top 20 list of famous tennis-court locations in the United States, according to Tennis Magazine.
Shipyard Plantation, it is home to many condominiums and rental properties, as well as the Crown Plaza Hotel and a private beach club for the resort’s guests. Reserved parking for guests is also available.
Secure and Safe This is a gated community with 24-hour security and governed by a Property Owners Association. Guest passes are available for visitors and residents receive automobile decals. This is a security measure that is currently not offered in many of the surrounding neighborhoods in the Forest Beach area.