Spanish Wells Real Estate
Life in Spanish Wells
Spanish Wells is located on a high peninsula pointing south that splits the Intercostal Waterway and Broad Creek, making it one of Hilton Head Island’s most beautiful and exclusive communities. Spanish Wells was once home to artesian wells, where the Spanish explorers stopped to fill their kegs before proceeding to their destination. Although many breath-taking properties have arose since then, numerous live oak trees and vegetation from that time period still live among Spanish Wells.
Situated on the north end of the Island, Spanish Wells residents enjoy quick, easy access to the Cross Island Parkway and the mainland. The plantation is private with no through traffic, making it seem remote, but not completely removed. Residents enjoy their convenient location to the island’s best spots, while also getting to experience a relaxing lifestyle.
A small community with just over two hundred homes, Spanish Wells offers residents oversized lots featuring all of the beauty that the Lowcountry has to offer. An outstanding selection of amenities include an expertly crafted golf course, tennis courts, swimming pool, and community dock.
Schools Children living in the community attend Hilton Head public or private schools for preschool thru high school education. Visit the Beaufort County School District website to learn more, see attendance zones and get information about “school choice.”
- Walking & Jogging – With over two miles of quiet roads, Spanish Wells makes the perfect place for a walking or jogging trail while getting to enjoy the sound of the birds chirping and the waves crashing.
- Pool – The large private pool is steps away from the Clubhouse. It has ample deck space and chairs to take in some sun as well as a cabana that provides shade for the perfect place to sit back, enjoy a good book or just watch family and friends having fun.
- Tennis – The tennis complex is home to four, brand new, Har-tru clay surface courts, which can be lit for night play. The facility also contains a small seating area for spectators to get up close on the action.
- Deepwater Dock – Spanish Wells also boasts a brand new 100′ deep-water dock that stretches west, over the Calibogue. The covered pavilion and floating dock at the end of the boardwalk are perfect for fishing, crabbing, landing a boat or simply watching a spectacular sunset and sipping a cool drink.
- Golf – Spanish Wells offers a 9-hole golf course that was originally designed by George Cobb and opened in 1975, but was recently renovated in 2005 by golf course architect, Clyde Johnston. The course takes masterful advantage of the natural pitch and roll of the land as it meanders alongside ponds and between many of the majestic live oak trees. The golf course plays to a par of 72 at 6,111 yards from the back tees. The forward tees also play to a par of 72 at 5,106 yards. The men’s rating is 70.5 with a slope of 124. The ladies’ rating is 69.2 with a slope of 118. The practice facilities consist of a regulation putting green, chipping green with practice bunker and the practice range.
- Clubhouse – The Spanish Wells Clubhouse sits beside Battery Holbrook, which was once a Civil War fort that Confederate forces used to protect the plantation’s excellent landing. The Clubhouse is Hilton Head Island’s only waterfront golf clubhouse and includes a large room complete with a fireplace and outdoor seating for parties and get-togethers, a great golf and tennis grille and a very well appointed pro shop.
Secure and Safe This community has 24-hour security and is governed by a Property Owners Association.
Spanish Wells Real Estate