Sun City Real Estate
Life in Sun City
A retirement community for active adults aged 55 and older, Sun City Hilton Head is located thirteen miles west of Hilton Head Island in Bluffton. A quick drive to both Hilton Head Island and the world beyond I-95, Sun City is also conveniently located to some of Bluffton’s top shopping, dining and entertainment venues.
Sun City Hilton Head residents enjoy one of the Lowcountry’s most comprehensive amenity centers. The community’s Village Center boasts a craft center, social hall with ballroom and stage, Wall Street financial room, billiards room, fitness center with aerobics studio, indoor pool and spa, ten tennis courts, two eighteen-hole golf courses, and a horseshoe and croquet court. Residents also have the benefit of a twenty acre lake fit for fishing and non-motorized boating and multiple restaurants serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Golf Sun City features three golf courses for members to enjoy, Argent Lakes course, Hidden Cypress course, and Okatie Creek golf course. Each of the three courses features a picturesque marshland view as well as innovative green designs.
Fitness Sun City Hilton Head offers three state-of-the art exercise facilities equipped with Nautilus, Stairmaster and Life Fitness, Step One machines, SciFit Pro 1000 upper body exerciser, treadmills upright and recumbent bikes and the ever-popular elliptical. Balance, stretch and stabilization stations help to complete your personalized fitness program. Weight machines and free weights allow you to gain strength and confidence through weight bearing activities. Three fully equipped fitness centers offer classes, personal training, cardio and weight training machines.
Pools Sun City is home to two indoor pools, along with 4 outdoor pools. Enjoy swimming laps for exercise at the Hidden Cypress pool, or take a more relaxing pool day approach and enjoy the resort style lounging that the Barataria pool offers.
Sports Park Located at the intersection of Sun City Boulevard and Red Dam Road, the sports park includes a softball field, volleyball court, horseshoe court, a half-basketball court and Pickleball courts.
Dog Park The Dog Park, which is open to all Sun City residents and their dogs, is next to the New River Sports park on Red Dam Road.
Dining You can find two restaurants in Sun City, The Clubhouse at Okatie Creek and Jameson’s Charhouse at Hidden Cypress. Click here to view their hours, locations, and menus.
Social Hall Here, you can find a small movie theater, performances, a Wall Street financial room, a billiard room, and a craft center. Sun City always has activities going on to ensure their members never run out of things to do. Click here to see their community calendar.
Lake Spanning across twenty acres, members can enjoy water activities such as fishing and non-motorized boating within this spacious and beautiful lake.
Awards and Accolades
- Website Names Sun City Hilton Head No. 1 Active Adult Community – March 19, 2018. For the third year in a row, 55places.com has named Sun City Hilton Head the top best-selling 55-plus community in the country for 2018. 55places.com compiled this list of the best-selling 55+ communities based on the number of sales through 55places.com between March 1, 2017 and February 28.
- Local First Responders Honored at Sun City Hilton Head Ceremony – October 17, 2017
- Associated Asset Management Named Management Company for Sun City Hilton Head Community Association in Bluffton, SC – October 5, 2017
- Sun City Hilton Head Announces New Lifestyles Director – September 20, 2017
- Sun City Hilton Head Golf Courses Recognized for Environmental Excellence – April 21, 2017
- Superintendent’s Revenge Golf Tournament at Sun City Hilton Head Collects Toys for Local Children – December 13, 2016
- Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. Serenades Sun City Hilton Head for Frank Sinatra’s 101st Birthday – December 12, 2016
- Sun City Hilton Head Honors Former Mayor, Three Non-Profits at Annual Lowcountry Recognition Event – October 19, 2016