How to Prep Your Home for Sale
10 Tips to Improve Curb Appeal
- Give your entry a facelift with either a new coat of paint or a new front door
- Don’t forget to landscape your yard! A well-groomed lawn shows buyers that the home was well taken care of.
- Depending on the climate in your area, add a pop of color by planting flowers.
- Remove any lawn ornaments that you will want to bring with you to your new home.
- Make sure all exterior lights are in working order and replace all outdoor light bulbs.
- Wash all windows (inside and out). You don’t want to take away from a great view with dirty windows!
- Clean out your garage! Consider getting a storage unit to store any non-essential items.
- Replace a worn out welcome mat to welcome buyers as they view the home.
- Paint or replace the street numbers on the house, making them more visible.
- Power wash any outdoor surfaces to give them a “like new” feel… siding, sidewalks, driveway, etc.
10 Tips to Prep the Inside of Your Home
- Fresh paint and new carpet are the top 2 things you can do to help your home sell faster and for more money.
- Deep clean everything! A clean home will allow buyers to picture themselves in the space. Use a magic eraser on scuff marks, wash walls, air vents, and baseboards. Dust ceiling fans and light fixtures.
- Give every room a purpose – Even if you used it as a bonus room. Giving each room an identity will help buyers.
- Let the light in. Bright rooms feel warm and inviting, dark rooms feel small and gloomy.
- Fix anything that is broken. Buyers will notice and may offer less for your house if repairs are required.
- Declutter. Thinning out your closets and pantries will show how much room is actually available. Remove items off countertops, desks and dressers, and thin out trinkets on bookshelves.
- Organize the kitchen! Store any non-essential, small appliances and clean all surfaces.
- Before your home is shown, empty all trash bins and hide any dirty laundry.
- Make sure all doors open and close smoothly. Fix any squeaks on bedroom or closet doors.
- Replace light bulbs with new ones and make sure all switches work.
During our onsite consultation we can help identify items that will need attention prior to putting your home or villa on the market for sale. We can also provide you with a list of recommended contractors and home service vendors, or assist in coordinating repairs.